Thursday, October 9, 2008

i am saved alleluia!

so i got saved march 2001.
i got saved after a really traumatic incident. funny thing is i had already decided to get saved but the incident almost made me change my mind and then my academics crashed. then my finances crashed. then my family crashed and all i could depend on was God.

like i said i was already going to give my life to Christ and so i postponed for another four months and then finally i gave in and gave my life. though i had given my heart, my heart was still like stone and i could not understand why i had to love God or trust after all the rubbish i had been through.

One day i went for a meeting and a man from America, they were a team of missionaries gave a word and i just couldn't resist. the holy ghost lifted me physically and took me out, that was how i officially received the infilling of the holy ghost. from then onwards i would be worshiping in church and my eyes would fill with tears and be gushing like it had buckets of water supporting the water flow. well, i was like "why is Holy Ghost doing me like this now?" my entire thought was that people would be wondering why is she crying now? i read up on everything i could find and i still could not find out the reason for the tears.

i wondered maybe i can't control my emotions in the presence of God but with other people i am walled up. well, after it had happened steadily for like 5 months, i gave up hope that God would leave me alone to just lick my wounds Privately. I thank God He never left. What would i have done? He cared too damn much to let me go on like the devil could defeat me.

that was how i got introduced to the presence of the Holy Ghost.

No comments: